Help us produce our upcoming Morris Lapidus exhibition! Our fundraiser is now live.
A Retrospective Look at the Architect who redefined the landscape of Miami Beach
Goal Exhibition Dates: March 2021 launch, on display through end of January 2022
This exhibition will celebrate the diverse and unique designs of Morris Lapidus. The exhibition will focus on the following major themes:
1. Before Miami Beach: Focusing on his time before he was an architect, designing mostly retail storefronts and shop interiors. Connections to Art Deco and retail begin
2. Working with the Masters: His time as an associate architect working under prominent architects of some of our most storied historic buildings, including Henry Hohauser, Melvin Grossman, Albert Anis, and others
3. Venturing out on his Own: Fontainebleau and Eden Roc
4. Transformation of Lincoln Road: “A Car Never Bought Anything”
5. Architectural Legacy outside of Hotels and Retail
This exhibition is made possible by the generous loaning of digital archival material from the Bass Museum of Art, Wolfsonian-FIU, Miami-Dade County, Syracuse University, Richter Center at University of Miami, Deborah Desilets RA, the Lapidus Family, Miami-Dade College’s Wolfson Archives, Library of Congress, Kinerk/Wilhelm Collection, Miami Herald Archives, and the University of Miami Special Collections.
Your generous donation directly funds the production of the exhibition, including printing of digital facsimiles and exhibition materials.
Premier Sponsorship ($2,500)
– Exclusive Category in the Industry of the Sponsorship (e.g., Real Estate Broker, Hotel, Restaurant, Law Firm, Real Estate Development, if requested. Exclusivity does not apply to municipal entities.)
– Logo on all flyers, step and repeats, social media
Supporting Sponsors ($1,000 – $2,499)
– Logo/name recognition in the exhibition
All Other Supporters ($50-$999)
Name recognition in exhibition
All donations are tax deductible to the extent allowable by law. MDPL is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization