Sketch Mediterranean Architecture
Art Deco Museum
May 28 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm EDT$15.00
Participants will sketch Mediterranean Architecture details on location in a loose playful style. The workshop will consist of classroom instruction and live demos outside on Ocean Drive (weather permitting). Participants will complete 3 playful sketches studying lines, value, and details in one sketchbook spread, adding writing and text to complete the spread. They will leave with a fun set of drawings which capture this historic architecture of Miami in their own unique way! Children (ages 10+) are welcome to participate but must be accompanied by an adult.
- mixed media sketchbook (8.5×11 or larger)
- fine black ink pen *
- bold black marker/brush pen (should produce bold line-brush style ok)*
*Water-soluble or permanent ink OK
OPTIONAL ITEMS TO CONSIDER
- Portable chair or stool for sketching outside
- Sunscreen, sunglass and/or hat recommended
- Participants may bring any “quick” sketching media to play with (watercolor, charcoal, colored pencils, pastels, crayons…etc). Slow drying media not recommended.
About the Instructor
TJ Marston is an urban sketcher from Miami, Florida. Her love for the outdoors as a child led her to a profession in landscape architecture. Discovering sketching helped her connect to the landscape and communicate design ideas. TJ loves to capture vibrant tropical landscapes with a playful style and enjoys helping others breakthrough their sketching fears.