The upcoming World Congress on Art Deco is taking place in April! Miami Design Preservation League has been working tirelessly to prepare for this very special event along with our partners. The event takes place April 18th – 30th in various locations throughout Central and South Florida.
Early bird pricing is available through February 28th. Book now!
Here are 23 reasons to join us at the 16th World Congress on Art Deco – these special experiences will make your time truly unique!
Pre-Congress in Central Florida
- Visit a surviving section of the original Old Dixie Highway
- Take a guided tour of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Florida Southern College
- Enjoy a catered dinner while surrounded by the Mayan Art Deco designs of the Maitland Art and History Museums
- Have lunch and explore the gardens of the Bok Tower and Gardens while listening to a carillon concert being played live from the Art Deco tower
- Take a guided bus tour of the Moorish Revival architecture of Opa Locka, Florida
Main Congress in Miami Beach and Miami
- Dance to Art Deco-era music from a professional string quartet
- Enjoy eleven Miami Beach walking and bus tours tailored specifically for Art Deco aficionados like you
- Learn things you never knew about the Art Deco era from local and world expert lecturers
- Visit North Miami galleries and savor an outdoor dinner of local cuisine and entertainment from local singers and dancers
- Take a guided bus tour of Art Deco and mid-century Modern sites in the City of Miami
- Enjoy lunch on the Amara rooftop, a gourmet restaurant with panoramic views of Biscayne Bay
- Take a guided tour of the interior of Casa Casuarina (Versace House)
- Take a guided tour of the New World Center, home of the New World Symphony, designed by Frank Gehry
- Dine at Joe’s Stone Crab, the oldest and most iconic of Miami Beach restaurants
- Spend a fascinating afternoon at the Wolfsonian Museum, guided by museum staff
- Enjoy dinner on the outdoor terrace of the iconic Art Deco Victor Hotel overlooking the Atlantic Ocean
Post-Congress in Palm Beach
- Tour the Lynn University Campus, a Mid-Century Modern masterpiece by Chapman, Evans & Delehanty
- Visit the Boca Raton Innovation Campus, designed by Marcel Breuer
- Take in the Norton Museum of Art exhibition “At the Dawn of a New Age: Early Twentieth-Century American Modernism”
- Get up close with the Norton’s Paul Manship sculptures
- Celebrate World Art Deco Day at a Gala outdoor Egyptian Soiree
- Take a guided bus tour of Art Deco sites in Palm Beach County
- Dine outdoors at the Pan’s Garden of the Preservation Foundation of Palm Beach
Do all this and much more while making friends and renewing old friendships with your colleagues from Art Deco societies around the world! Visit our website for more info.