Editors Note: MDPL is sharing these agenda items as we continue to lament the loss of pre-1942 architecturally significant homes such as the ones shown below, which lie outside of our city’s 14 local historic districts but nonetheless have architectural significance.
Sadly, the City of Miami Beach does not have adequate protections in place to help ensure the preservation of these buildings. We share these agenda items for informational and awareness purposes, while we continue to work on finding ways to protect our historical resources.
Summary prepared by the Miami Design Preservation League
5. DRB21-0705; 10 Century Lane (1941) Architect: E. Dean Parmalee
7. DRB21-0759; 1745 West 24th Street (1937) Architect: Robert M. Little
8. DRB21-0757; 394 Hibiscus Drive (1934) Architect: Fred Kloeper
11. DRB21-0760; 2444 Prairie Avenue (1925) Architect: ?
12. DRB21-0762; 4774 North Bay Road
(1933) Architect: Robert L. Weed
13. DRB21-0767; 253 North Coconut Lane
(1935) Architect: Paist and Steward