Front and back of postcard of The Helen Mar Apartment Hotel at 2421 Lake Pancoast Drive. Designed by Robert E. Collins in 1936 for John Marsa, a contractor. Helen, the locals say, was the name of Mr. Marsa’s mother, and ”mar” is both a part of Marsa’s surname and the Spanish word for sea. The stucco facade of the structure is adorned with black vitrolite horizontal bands. The elaborate parapet is enhanced by the individual balconets projecting from the windows. The interior has 10-foot-plus ceilings, fluted columns and stylized crown moldings. The building’s front entrance is accessible also by a footbridge that stretches across Lake Pancoast.