2001 Color photographs of Carl Fisher’s Municipal Golf Course Clubhouse on the Dade Canal near Washington Avenue. Built in 1916, it is considered the oldest public building in Miami Beach. Designed by architect August Geiger, who worked with Carl Fisher on various projects including Fisher’s residence in 1925. The Club House was purchased by the City of Miami Beach in 1939 and designated as a historic site/landmark in 1983. In 2018, the City approved a clubhouse restoration of more than $3.2 million. They hired architect Richard Heisenbottle for the historic restoration. The building interior is scheduled for completion in March, while the exterior won’t be done until August because of seawall work nearby. Mayor Dan Gelber and the city commission discussed the clubhouse’s potential on Jan. 15th, 2020 and agreed the City will soon seek proposals as how to best utilize this historic property. 1920s Postcard via FL Memory Archives.